Founder of my personal freelance web and graphic design business, October 2010 to Present
I work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and bloggers to develop innovative ideas into dynamic brands and user-friendly online experiences.
- Manage and lead all aspects of website creation and launch using the Wordpress platform. Process includes brand and UX strategy, theme installation and customization, launch, and personalized Wordpress administrator training
- Create personalized training videos to guide clients through using and updating their new site as an administrator
- Build and maintain impactful relationships with return customers that are centered around teaching and sharing information about technology as well as my personal experience as a small business owner
- Serve as a point of contact between hosting provider and small business owner
- Recent examples of my work include:
Marketing Coordinator, November 2012 to Present
Coordinate marketing, public relations, advertising, events and all aspects of the brand design and messaging for a small business that designs and manufactures custom doors and architectural elements for modern homes.
- Created and applied a brand strategy that launched the company into a higher price point and luxury consumer market
- Responsible for updating website content, applying modern UX/UI principles to website design, and creating landing pages and other site functions necessary to the company's sales funnel
- Create and maintain a bi-weekly e-mail newsletter campaign and daily updates to social media channels
- Work closely with local chapters of the the American Institute of Architects and Home Builders Association to coordinate cross-promotional events and networking opportunities for Austin's homebuilding community
Business Account Manager, September 2011 to August 2012
Managed wholesale accounts for a high-end pet accessory and apparel line.
- Created and maintained a welcoming environment and trusting relationship with over 200 wholesale product accounts
- Worked with clients to fill orders and serve as a main point of contact for their customer service inquiries
- Grew client accounts to better utilize products and services
- Helped wholesalers to create and implement product display strategies
Marketing Assistant, May to November 2008
Assistant to the Marketing Director of a musical instrument and video game manufacturer.
- Developed company-wide newsletters using HTML
- Assisted with coordination of new product publicity, trade shows, and product packaging design
- Managed production timeline between PR agency and luthiers
- B.S. Marketing Communications | Emerson College, May 2008
Skills and Involvement
- Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Adobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and InDesign
- Video Production - iMovie, Final Cut Pro X
- Wordpress - setup and installation, PHP customization
- CSS and HTML development
- Hospitality Chair of the Greater Austin Home Builders Association's Professional Women in Building Council